NEXT TRAINING: TBD
Learn the fundamentals of Kubernetes, the container orchestration platform that’s taken the world by storm. The course familiarizes students with the core building blocks of Kubernetes and guides them to deploy a microservice-based application on GKE.
We're still scheduling this course. Please contact us for custom training if you're interested.
- Introducing containerization and container orchestration
- Lectures: containerization and container orchestration overview
- Labs: baking and tagging Docker images; running containers; using Docker registries
- Lectures: Kubernetes architecture overview; node and pod overview
- Labs: configuring kubectl; exploring cluster objects; manipulating pods; labelling and annotating pods
- Lectures: ReplicaSets, Services, and Deployments overview
- Labs: deploying a service of type ClusterIP; deploying a LoadBalancer service; creating a Deployment; setting readinessProbes.
- Lectures: Kubernetes ConfigMaps and Secrets overview
- Labs: creating and updating Secrets and ConfigMaps; setting environment variables to Secret and ConfigMap values; mounting Secrets and ConfigMaps in containers
- Lectures: Kubernetes Volumes, PersistentVolumes, and StatefulSets overview
- Labs: sharing data between containers with a Volume; mounting a PersistentVolume with a PersistentVolumeClaim, deploying stateful applications with StatefulSets
- Lectures: treating cluster as generic compute resources; Jobs and CronJobs overview; resource specification overview
- Labs: launching one-off jobs with resource limits, scheduling recurring jobs with CronJobs, adding resource specifications to pods